CONTINENTAL CHESS ASSOCIATION ON ICC
Youth Rapid Chess Challenge
FREE CCA BULLETIN:
If you do not already receive our free emailed CCA Bulletin, we recommend you subscribe at CHESSEVENTS.US, as the Bulletin is how we communicate important messages to players such as rules changes, deadline extensions, ratings news, prize availability and error corrections as well as details of future tournaments.
For new CCA online players, these events include a free two month membership in ICC.
See bottom of page for what to do after registration. REGISTER NOW
FEBRUARY 5: Youth Rapid Chess Challenge
5SS, G/20+5, at Internet Chess Club. Must be on Zoom using real name to be eligible for prizes; must have side/rear Zoom camera angle to be eligible for free entry prizes. In 3 sections: Open, Under 1200, Under 800; each open to all K-12 students within rating group. Prizes: Plaques to top 5 Individuals each section; in addition: Open: Top Under 1500, U1300, Top Unrated U1200 Section Top U1000, U900, Top Unrated, U800 section Top U700, U600, U500, Top Unrated. FREE ENTRY: Top 2 in each section free entry to one CCA Online Monthly Open by 06/30/22 (Pre-entry only, $48 value – no cash equivalent – email email@example.com to redeem). Entry fee at chessaction.com: $35 by 2/3 $50 by 9 am EST 2/5. Log in to playcca.com 30 minutes before play begins; Round Schedule: EST 11 am, 12:30 pm, 2 pm, 3:30 pm, and 5 pm. Half point byes available all rounds, limit 2 byes, must be claimed with registration & cannot be changed. Online Quick rated (will not affect OTB ratings); OTB Regular used if no Online Regular. Online Regular ratings used for pairings & prizes. USCF membership required; may join with entry, special rate with magazine. $15 service charge for refunds. Ent: Chessaction.com. Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT TO DO AFTER REGISTRATION:
1) At chessaction.com, go to the row for the tournament and click on "entry list" to make sure you are listed. If not, notify us at email@example.com.
2) If you are a current ICC member with a user name linked to your USCF ID number (like those who have played in our online tournaments), you are all set. If not, go to register.chessclub.com/cca to register with ICC. If you are unable to register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Read the rules posted HERE.
4) Log into Zoom at CCAZOOM.COM. You must be on Zoom, using your real name, to be eligible for prizes.
5) 30 minutes before play begins, log into playcca.com, wait for any messages, and wait for your pairing to pop up when play is about to begin. DO NOT LOG OFF or you may not be paired.
6) Questions and withdrawals for online tournaments only: email@example.com