Zoom link & Instructions
ZOOM ROOM RULES
Participants are expected to use the same computer during the whole tournament. Play must be on desktops, laptops and notebooks only, mobiles and tablets are not allowed for play, but are OK (and recommended) for Zoom.
CAMERA ANGLE FOR TOURNAMENT
YOU MUST BE ON ZOOM TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES.
- Bathroom break: Does not apply to Rapid. For Online Regular rated play of G/25+5 through G/90+10, one (1) is allowed per round, but not if the remaining time on both clocks totals under 30 minutes. For Online Quick or Online Blitz rated play, such a break may be penalized at the director's discretion and may be a factor considered in "fair play" enforcement.
- The bathroom break limit applies to players whether using Zoom or not. Before going on a bathroom break, players must click the "raise your hand" button and type "bathroom" in the Zoom chat.
- The best setting for the Zoom camera is the angle behind and to the side of the user, possibly on a cell phone or tablet, that allows a view of the entire chess board & monitor. This is now required, and players who use the wrong angle may have a limited prize, as described in the CCA Bulletin (free subscription available at chessevents.us). Using the playing computer for Zoom as well uses up bandwidth and can cause lag or freezing of the chessboard.
- The Director may on occasion require that Zoom be temporarily adjusted to reveal parts of the room not otherwise displayed.
- Audio as well as video must be enabled on Zoom.
- Noise such as music that may be loud enough to mask possible illegal discussion is not permitted.
- A player may not leave for a bathroom break while on move.
- Players are warned that improvement of play slightly after a bathroom break is considered highly suspicious and, depending on other factors, could lead to a player being forfeited or banned.