30TH ANNUAL NORTH AMERICAN OPEN
December 26-29, 2020 on Internet Chess Club
For new CCA online players, this event includes a free two month membership in ICC.
See bottom of page for what to do after registration. REGISTER NOW
FREE CCA BULLETIN:
If you do not already receive our free emailed CCA Bulletin, we recommend you subscribe at CHESSEVENTS.US, as the Bulletin is how we communicate important messages to players such as rules changes, deadline extensions, ratings news, prize availability and error corrections as well as details of future tournaments.
DECEMBER 26-29: 30th annual NORTH AMERICAN OPEN
8-SS, G/120+10, at Internet Chess Club. $25,000 guaranteed prizes. Must be on Zoom (use real name) to be eligible for prizes (side/rear camera angle). In 5 sections. Open Section: Open to all; entry fee $80 more if not rated USCF 2100/over or FIDE 2000/over. $3000-1500-1000-700-500, top U2400/Unr $800-600-400, clear or tiebreak 1st $200 bonus. Under 2200/Unr Section: $1200-800-600-400-300, top U2000/Unr $600-500-400. Under 1900/Unr Section: $1200-800-600-400-300, top U1700 (no Unr) $500-400-300. Under 1600/Unr Section: $1000-700-500-400-300, top U1400 (no Unr) $400-300-200. Under 1300/Unr Section: $800-600-500-400-300, top U1100 (no Unr) $300-200-100. Unrated prize limits: U1300 Section $150, U1600 Section $300, U1900 Section $500. Entry fee at chessaction.com: $118 by 12/12, $138 by 12/23, $160 by 12 noon PST 12/26; must take rd 1 bye after 6 pm PST 12/25. New players (first CCA event on ICC) enter by 12/23 or risk not being paired for round 1. GMs $100 from prize. Log into playcca.com 30 minutes before game. Rounds begin each day: PST 9 am & 2:15 pm, MST 10 am & 3:15 pm, CST 11 am & 4:15 pm, EST 12 noon & 5:15 pm. Half point byes available all rounds; limit 2 byes, must be claimed with registration & cannot be changed. USCF membership required; may join with registration. Online Regular rated (will not affect OTB ratings), Online Regular rating used for pairings & prizes (OTB Regular used if no Online Regular). $15 service charge for refunds. WARNING: YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN WHEN PAIRINGS ARE ISSUED, OR YOU WILL NOT BE PAIRED.
WHAT TO DO AFTER REGISTRATION:
1) At chessaction.com, go to the row for the tournament and click on "entry list" to make sure you are listed. If not, notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) If you are a current ICC member with a user name linked to your USCF ID number (like those who have played in our online tournaments), you are all set. If not, go to register.chessclub.com/cca to register with ICC. If you are unable to register, contact email@example.com.
3) Read the rules posted HERE.
4) Log into Zoom at CCAZOOM.COM:
5) 30 minutes before play begins, log into playcca.com, wait for any messages, and wait for your pairing to pop up when play is about to begin. DO NOT LOG OFF or you may not be paired.