Internet Chess club on Facebook Internet Chess club on Twitter Internet Chess club on Google+ Internet Chess club on YouTube Internet Chess club on LinkedIn Subscribe to Internet Chess Club RSS feed

GM Davorin Kuljasevic’s “Develop Your Counter-intuitive Thinking!” - Conditioned Reflex

Opening: E60, D11, D18, D07, A90:

Player(s): Vitiugov, Wei, Ter Sahakyan, Kuljasevic, Holt, Plat, Makogonov, Ragozin

Conditioned reflex is a term that was introduced by grandmaster Alexander Kotov in his famous book 'Think like a Grandmaster' to describe chess players' tendency to make automatic decisions based on certain well-known patterns or situations in a chess game. These kinds of decisions are usually made automatically because chess players know that they work in 95% of similar positions. However, what about the remaining 5%? Such positions will be discussed in this chapter through 5 instructive examples. We will see that even the most straightforward and natural-looking moves that we usually make on 'autopilot' can have strong counter-intuitive alternatives, or even be wrong.

Check out our article, and don't miss the quizzes and much more in the Learning Center!

Teacher's library (23) OFFICIAL COURSE 10 E60 D11 D18 D07 A90 Vitiugov Wei Ter Sahakyan Kuljasevic Holt Plat Makogonov Ragozin game analysis

This is a 5 minute preview.

Log in to watch the full show or click one of the links below.

LOGIN or Get membership



FIND MORE VIDEOS


 

Page 1 of 77 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›