ICC Help: chessfm
How do I listen to Chess.FM?
WHILE CONNECTED TO THE ICC SERVER:
1. Click the "Listen now" link in your clientweb browser in the top-right corner. This will take you to the currently scheduled show. If you are looking for a different show, look at the weekly event scheule at the very bottom of the page.
2. Visit your your EVENT LIST and click one of the audio play links. The event list will show you all the weekly audio and video shows.
3. From your main console, send a tell: "tell webcast listen"
WHILE NOT CONNECTED TO THE ICC SERVER
1. Visit the Chess.FM website http://www.chess.fm and click one of the audio buttons at the top. Once authenticated you will be sent to a page on ICC that will offer a link to the audio. Click this link.
1. Your browser must allow the complete HTML to be passed to the streaming site. Some Privacy and antivirus software rewrites the HTML and this can prevent the streaming site from correctly authenticating you. If you suspect that your software is doing this, contact the software maker for assistance. Sorry, ICC cannot support third party software.
2. You must be running the latest version of Windows Media Player which is free at: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download
3. If you use a MAC and experience problems, download flip4mac: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/wmcomponents.mspx * If you have additional problems with your MAC software, please contact finger ChessFM online by "tell" or "message" and describe the problem.
4. If you use the firefox browser and experience problems, visit this link: http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download.aspx
5. Ensure that you are using the latest version of the ICC software. Visit https://www.chessclub.com/download and compare your current version to the version available for download. BlitzIn 2 users can go to the HELP menu and select "Check for upgrade".
6. If you are still having difficulties and you are using Internet Explorer, you may need to adjust the Privacy settings to allow the stream. You can check privacy settings in IE by going to: Tools-Internet Options-Privacy
7. If you are having difficulties and you are using a browser other than IE or Firefox, try IE or FireFox to make absolutely sure the problem is not your browser. You may also experience problems if you use a proxy server.
TO LISTEN TO AUDIO IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES WHILE CONNECTED THE SERVER:
- To listen the audio commentaries in english: "tell webcast english"