The Video Section Lately
Posted: 07 December 2016 05:35 PM  
Guru
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2015-05-01

The videos were, at one point, a huge selling point for ICC. Everybody, everywhere, said that videos alone made the sub fees worth it. Now? I think things have really cooled down on that front. You don’t seem to produce as many videos as you used to and the quality of some video series has decreased and/or become repetitive and unnecessarily redundant.

Just my 2 pennies but I’ve had numerous conversations with others who feel the same way. Don’t get me wrong - Your videos here are still a great learning tool and some of the individual videos are great now and then. It just doesn’t seem like the quality and quantity is *quite* up to the level that they once were. It would be nice to see some rejuvenation of innovation in this department.

Posted: 12 December 2016 10:45 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2014-11-08

As a big fan of the ICC, I must confess that I am starting to feel the same (to a small degree).  I would hate to think that the other major chess sites overtook the ICC.

Posted: 13 December 2016 12:54 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Guru
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2015-05-01

The thing is that perception becomes reality. When you (ICC) let things like this slack while the other sites continue to update and improve multiple aspects of their server, you give off the impression that ICC is “yesterday” and that it’s best days are behind it. Do you know how many people over on Chess.com don’t even KNOW what ICC is as a simple result of you not advertising properly and aggressively enough? Tons. You are leaving TONS of money on the table, guys.

I’m going to write a thread about the positives on ICC because I don’t want to always focus on the negatives and after extensive playing, testing, communicating with the support staffs, etc - I have come to the conclusion that ICC is, by far, the best place to play chess online. It’s arguably the best overall player pool online or offline. There’s simply no question about this. This is precisely why our features and content should be the best. We have the best player base, the best overall server - we should have the best features and bells/whistles, too.

Posted: 13 December 2016 01:22 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2014-11-08

What a wonderful sentiment - expressed so eloquently.  Please, take it to heart ICC.

Scott