Status of ICC
Posted: 21 October 2016 08:41 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-12-24

I’ve been getting connection errors for most of the last 24 hours using Blitzin, and I know my password and network connections are good. Is the system down?

Posted: 24 October 2016 01:29 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Contributor
RankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2014-11-06

Can you log in? Some members have to connect to the main server through something called alternate.  It’s an anti firewall way of tunneling in.  In blitzing connection dialog there should be something like ‘more’ or ‘advanced’ or something you click it and suddenly the connection dialog double in size with more options.  You can choose the server and choose ‘Alternate’ and try to connect.

Posted: 06 April 2017 10:21 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Contributor
RankRank
Joined  2014-11-06

You may have some interest in attacking ICC because there is no increment pool but there is over 1000 players on now and it’s not even primetime. it 10:21 pm East Coast Time and 3:21 AM in London. 

I know some of the free servers have more members logging in but i’ve been reading their posts on reddit and its a lot of i just learned chess last week will you play with me types. Chessclub has always attracted the strong players that want more than a simple web interface and basic play a game with an amateur.  Just my take. I respect your opinion that ICC needs to change in various ways but i’d rather here the constructive criticism than all this the server is a ghost town you have bene posting.

Posted: 06 April 2017 10:37 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Contributor
RankRank
Joined  2014-11-06

Your last 20 games in history date back to January.  It’s now April. My history goes back about 7 days to 3-31 for 20 games.  Color me stupid but i’ve played a lot more on icc than you have in last few months.

Posted: 06 April 2017 10:45 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Contributor
RankRank
Joined  2014-11-06

“PlayChess isn’t a free server and it has 7-10x the amount of users ICC does online 24/7”

I checked their web site. they also have a bit above 1000 players on right now? You can have your own opinion but you can’t have your own facts.

Posted: 06 April 2017 10:55 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Contributor
RankRank
Joined  2014-11-06

I attached a screen shot of the top of their web site. On the right side it tells you how many players are online. It’s over 1000 and under 1500 right now like ICC.

Posted: 06 April 2017 10:57 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Contributor
RankRank
Joined  2014-11-06

I had to crop it a little more it was to wide. this is top right corner of their web page. the number is there.

Image Attachments  number_on_playchess.png
Posted: 06 April 2017 11:04 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Contributor
RankRank
Joined  2014-11-06

I"m not in charge of software on icc. I don’t program any software for icc. i’m not an icc employee,  I"m not an admin.  I"m a guy who enjoys chessclub.com and likes to play and chat on chessclub and i volunteer as a helper. I don’t run icc nor am I involved in that.  I work in the game industry i don’t work on a chess product and my job and income have nothing to do with icc.  I don’t know when a web site lists on their main web page how many players are online now and below that how many registered users i’d expect it to be correct. Maybe it’s not.

Posted: 07 April 2017 03:59 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Contributor
RankRank
Joined  2014-11-06

No idea myself why your posts were deleted at least not specifically the reason, but why did you hijack JHBlackburne’s post / thread on connection errors that he posted 6 months ago on to go into this diatribe. On every forum i’ve been on thats is a no no.