My games stop from been emailed
Posted: 09 June 2023 10:53 AM  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-11-03

Hi,

I just notice that my last game that was email by our server was in 17 May (this year). Nothing as change from my email provider (gmail). Can you help me. Thank you.

Posted: 02 July 2023 09:28 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2015-06-12

Hi

Sorry you are having this trouble.  Gmail is most likely blocking the mail or automatically moving it to your spam folder.  Go to your Gmail settings and check the “Filters and Blocked Addresses” tab to see if ICC mail is being filtered out.

Best Regards

Chesskix
  ICC Administrator

Posted: 18 September 2023 11:06 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2016-07-05

I am having the same issue and have for months. It is being blamed on Gmail, but I do not think that is the problem. The emails are not in my spam folder and I have contacted Google and they say that they are not blocking the emails from ICC. I even whitelisted emails from chessclub.com, etc, and I still do not received them. The 4545 League is also having issues with emails and I think the two issues may be related.

Posted: 19 September 2023 04:11 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2015-06-12

Hi

ICC and Team 45/45 use a different Server so while the problem looks the same on your end ... it is not.  The Team 45/45 Issue is with GoDaddy switching to a different mail forwarding system and sort of leaving us hanging.

The ICC problem however is mostly with gmail restricting ICC forwarded e-mail on some accounts because they get flagged as spam.  Gmail has been much more active lately in applying these lists and continues to swat flys with a sledge hammer.

It is difficult to fix this problem because you are not notified that this is happening and it takes a Tech Expert to fix it.  I found it necessary to create another gmail address and use it ... problem solved.  I’m sorry for the hassle but contact me on ICC and I can help you set-up a new e-mail address on your account.

Best Regards

chesskix
  ICC Administrator

Posted: 26 February 2024 06:10 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-11-03

I recently change my email to a @icloud account and the finished games are being send. Gmail accounts are the problem.

Thanks