Auto Pairing Pools: Why no increment still? 
Posted: 17 July 2021 01:58 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2017-04-07

I can’t believe I have to ask this but: Why, in 2021, is there still no increment in the blitz auto pairing pools? Or the 15 minute pool? Nobody plays without increment anymore. 5/0 and even 15/0’s are an entirely different game and almost aren’t even like Chess. It’s all about survival and the clock. Why on earth are there still no increments attached to these pools even though that’s the way Chess is played everywhere in 2021?

It’s really, really weird.

Posted: 17 July 2021 02:22 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2011-11-18

You can play Blitz with increment if you wish. For example, post a seek with 5 minutes plus 3 seconds of increment.
The pools don’t have increment, but nobody keeps you from playing with increment all the games you want.

Posted: 17 July 2021 02:27 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2017-04-07

Yes, but as has been explained before: These seeks just sit around because the pools are right there for people to get a game instantly. Further, this really doesn’t answer why the pools are non increment. Again - That’s like some weird, strange speed variant of Chess but it’s definitely not Chess. On a site that claims to be the premier commercial server to play Chess on, you would think the auto pairing pools would actually offer Chess - not ...whatever that is they’re playing in there.

Where did this weird non increment idea come from in the first place? You guys do realize nobody plays competitive chess without an increment anymore, don’t you? It’s just a shame because the server is perfect other than when it comes to this issue. It’s by no means the end of the world or anything but I thought I’d mention it since I hadn’t played in these pools in like 4 years before today.

Posted: 23 August 2022 09:48 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2022-08-23

As far as I know, chess com has increments. They are inbuilt, so you can’t create your own one. I usually play 5/5, and it’s OK for me. You know, a few days ago I told my friend from ข่าวเกม about this problem. He says he doesn’t like playing with increments. So, tastes differ, and you can do nothing about it. I had no idea about those additional seconds when I started playing chess. I was so surprised when I found out about the increments. Anyway, keep the topic updated. Hope your issue has been resolved. Best wishes.

‹‹ Missing page      Events ››