Wi-Fi connection problems with Android app?
Posted: 16 June 2019 08:01 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2019-06-15

Peace be to all beings!

I’ve just joined, and have placed the Android app on my phone.  I’m finding, however, that (at least at home) I cannot connect with Wi-Fi, and my connection is a very good one normally.  Phone (4G) seems to work fine.  Has anyone else encountered such a problem?  I’m using a Samsung Galaxy S8.  Thanks much for any help.

Signature 

Bruce Klaiss

“You can call me ‘Harper’”

“The mistakes are all there, waiting to be made.”—Savielly Tartakower grin

Posted: 22 June 2019 07:27 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Contributor
RankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2014-11-06

A problem with some of the interfaces is they connect to chessclub.com port 5000 and some firewalls block that.  Connect to alternate was originally made for blitzin to get around this. I think its connect to alt.chessclub.com port 443. You get routed to the same server. 

But i don’t use the Chess at ICC for Android much to be honest. I use Lantern chess an icc interface in play store and amazon store for android.  It does have in the connect dialog a connect to alternate selection.  I think it first on first login with client tries main but will retry after a minute alternate and remember if that is the connection needed for next time.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=chess.icc&hl=en_US

Posted: 22 June 2019 09:12 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Contributor
RankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2014-11-06

I was playing around with chess at icc on android connect to see if they had a way to change the port.  If you go to settings while in connect view ( menu button top left / settings ) then in settings play online settings. the top option is what they call alternate but is labeled connect on port 23. might work.