Tabiya <a >
Posted: 22 January 2016 03:22 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2016-01-22

Like you, I play lots of blitz games.

I have to play the opening over and over again. It loses time on the clock. It’s repetitive. I might even make a mouse slip. Yuck.

What if I could attach my opening book to Blitzin/Dasher? What if everyone could have their opening played automatically?

Computers certainly do this.

It’s the ultimate “if-move” feature. My opponent and I reach our “tabiya” position almost instantly and my opening book plays against his opening book.

Game after game will start by taking me and my opponent instantly to the edge of our opening knowledge. Serious players will be drawn to refined their opening repertoire.

Obviously the server would need a new command to opt out of playing opponents with opening books for those who don’t want to face prepared openings played instantly.

There could be competitions of opening book versus opening book to see who can create one that is just one ply deeper than anyone other opening book. Players could play training games against the best French opening book or Dutch opening book or whatever. This will end up morphing, of course, into the solution of chess itself as computer nerds engage in an arms race for the best opening repertoire.

Yes, how cool would it be to have the ICC interface play my preferred openings FOR me?

Posted: 29 February 2016 05:59 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2016-02-22

Sorry… but I don’t see the point. If you want to play better/learn more, you’re not going to do it via a computer making the moves for you. Sounds absurd. But what do I know.

‹‹ Video appearance      Videos - Access denied ››