Blitzin + DGT Board : how do you handle colors attribution?
Posted: 28 May 2018 06:08 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2018-05-28

Hi there,

Tonight I’ve tried to use my DGT board with Blitzin and it worked really great! A stupid situation happened though: I looked for a 5’ game, ended up playing black while sitting at my board set up from White’s perspective. I lost 2’ trying to find out what I was supposed to do and ended up resetting the pieces on my board.

That sounds like a very basic question but ...  what’s the correct way to proceed here ?

Best,

Posted: 30 May 2018 03:38 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-05-24

+1 I also would like to know ...

Posted: 31 May 2018 04:33 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2018-05-28

Tonight I played on playchess for a bit, and there I simply set up my board at a table where I can seat on both side. Depending on which colour I get, I would stand up and go to the other side of the table if needed.

Thinking about it, I don’t see many other possibilities smile

I think I could have done the same last time on ICC. I think what happened is that since RabbitPlugin had the option “Automatic Rotation” turn on in the board tab, it detected that I changed the initial position, inverting black/white pieces on the board and so it let me play as black from the same seat. That left me a bit confused because it gave me the feeling that changing the pieces was indeed what I was supposed to do.

Have fun!