Every Russian Schoolboy Knows WANTS YOU!
Posted: 07 November 2015 11:56 AM  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2011-11-18

We’re going to change format to GM Yermolinsky’s LIVE show.
As most of you know, GM Alex holds a LIVE show on ICC’s YouTube channel twice a month.
So far, Alex has briefed us on the current important chess events, and it’s been really enjoyable.
We know GM Yermolinsky’s excellent analysis skills, and his opinions are always interesting to listen to.

But now, Alex wants interactivity!

We’re going to ask YOU, the ICC people, to submit a subject you’d like Yermo to tackle during his live show.
It can be a game you played and want the GM to go over it with you;
you love Kramnik’s games, but there is that one game you can’t understand;
you want Yermo to discuss about this new short time controls, that are being experimented in some important events;
you think Caruana is better than Carlsen, and you have PROOF of it, therefore you want to discuss this with Alex. You may even want to get on the air with the GM (LIVE)!
Or, why not, something outrageous:  Rubinstein was a bad rook endgame player; Nimzo didn’t understand positional chess ; Tal was bad in tactics.

You can submit your subject by posting here on this thread.

If you need to get a game or more to Alex, please upload them to your personal library  and specify their location in your post.
If you need help with this, contact “Lyon” online or via email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

But this is not all.
If your subject is chosen by Yermo, you’ll be rewarded with 2 FREE MONTHS of membership!

Remember: the dead-line to submit your subject is midnight of the Sunday before the show!
You can check the schedule HERE

Let’s go interactive!

Posted: 08 November 2015 09:49 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2015-06-23

I want him to talk about Rapid Chess Improvement” by Michael de la Maza , is it working or it’s a waste of time ?

Signature 

I came from the seventies

Posted: 16 November 2015 01:39 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-06-12

Hi,

in fact I don´t have a specific suggestion for a topic, but since Alex is talking about the Anti-Sicilians in his new mini-series, I thought maybe he would like to include quite a fascinating and really spectacular piece sacrifice which I (or to be more precise: my engine) discovered when analyzing some lines. The stunning thing is that although white sacrifices a piece as early as move 6 (with only 2 pieces developed) and although it is totally unknown to theory (at least to my knowledge) it actually seems to be Whites best move!

The line goes: 1.e4/c5 2.Nc3/g6 3.d4/cxd4 4.Qxd4/Nf6 5.Lb5 (Alex mentioned this line)/a6 (most common move, although Nc6 is a good alternative) 6.Nd5!!

If Black declines the sacrifice, White is better, e.g. 6. ... Bg7 7.Nb6/axb5 8.Nxa8/Qa5+ 9.Qc3/Qxc3+ 10.bxc3/0-0 11.Ne2/Nxe4 12.0-0/Nxc3 13.Nxc3/Bxc3 14.Rb1

So Black should accept the sacrifice by playing 6. ... axb5, but after the strange move 7.Qe5! there is the double threat of Nxf6 mate and Nc7+. Now both obvious methods for Black to avoid early defeat seem to fail:
a) 7. ... Nxd5 9.Qxh8 (threatening Bh6)/ Nc7 10. Bh6/Ne6 11.Nf3 (threatening Ng5). I believe White would score 10/10 in a practical GM game from here. Also objectively White is better.
b) 7. ... Bg7 8.Nc7+/Kf8 9.Nxa8/Qa5+ 10.Qc3 is a strange transposition to the note above (6. ... Bg7), the only difference being that the black king is on f8 instead of e8 and has lost his right to castle (which should be even more favourable for White).
_______

Another quite interesting variation which I found is:
1.e4/c5 2.Nc3/Nc6 3.Nf3
White can apply this move order in order to kick Sveshnikov players out of their repertoire. If they insist to play a Sveshnikov they have to play 3. ... Nf6. Now White has an interesting gambit beginning with 4.e5, but he can also play 4.Bb5 here. After the thematic 4. ... Nd4?!, White can play 5.e5!, and now the obvious 5. ... Nxb5? (Ng8! is the only move) is in fact a mistake and strangely, White is almost winning after 6.Nxb5/Nd5 7.Ng5!!
Although the knights seem quite funny on b5 and g5, computer analysis shows that White is much better, and Black has no obvious way to develop, e.g. 7. ...e6? 8.Ne4 (+-) or 7. ... h6 8.Nxf7! (+-) or 7. ... d6 8.Qf3 (+-) etc.

________

Thanks for the great show and greetings from Germany,

Aruminos

Posted: 26 November 2015 01:18 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-05-16

My subject would be on the topic of chess improvement. How should you study chess games, how should you study? etc.

Posted: 28 November 2015 10:19 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2014-10-15

Hi ...
Following are the topics i would like sir Alex to discuss :
1) I would like to Know the reason why The Super GM vs Super GM games do not have the sicilian Najdorf variation in their games .
2) Is it a good idea to use psychology while choosing an opening to play against an opponent ? Fischer said “I do not believe in psychology . i believe in good moves” ... but nowadays , GMs adopt Odd opening systems .....
3) Should GM Wei Yi v/s GM Bruzon Batista’s game be termed as the game of the century ?

Thanks !!
grin

Posted: 17 December 2015 11:20 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Joined  2014-11-03

Hi Alex, love the show. MC was upset that he ran into the 50 move rule against Topalov. Pls could you explain the progress he was making? Was he right? Was there more to come?  Also, everyone said 51….Rf1 was a draw in the MC - MVL game. It wasn’t. Rc1 was. Please could you cover that ending? Thanks Jeremy

Posted: 29 December 2015 07:53 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2015-12-29

Happy New Year! I´d love to see some examples of players overcoming a clearly worse position with creative moves. Upsets with novel play.

Posted: 02 March 2016 02:30 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Joined  2014-10-17

Hi, Yermo!
First of all, I must praise your great Show “Every Russian Schoolboy Knows” that I’ve been watching for long time!
Everybody loves your lessons, because they are strong and very instructive!!
THANKS A LOT ! Please, continue giving us these very important and strong lessons!
I suggest if you can analyse some kind of fortress, specially the one with Queen and Pawns X Rook and Pawns.
(- How can the defending side achieve the fortress and create a barrier in order to prevent the opponent’s king penetration).
(- How can the attacking side avoid the fortress)
(- One very good example of a draw = Mamedyarov 0,5x0,5 Caruana Alapin B22 2016 = How can the stronger side avoid this draw and win using the Queen? (error to attach the PGN, so I will send it by mail to Lyon! )
THANKS, Eduardo Torres (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)

Posted: 15 April 2016 01:25 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-11-13

Hello…
first of all thanks to the great show , many people love attacking play sac and mate however it takes great strategist to reach those attacking positions i would love to see ur comments on the great game KARPOV - UHLMANN Madrid 1973 and specifically on the move 22.g4 i think many people including myself will learn a great deal from it .

Posted: 15 April 2016 02:18 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2011-11-18

Thanks for your post!
I forwarded your request to GM Yermolinsky.

‹‹ Tata Steel 2016 announced      3+2 Pool ››