Loosing game due to disconnection
Posted: 25 January 2015 08:47 AM  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-01-25

I am SICK and TIRED of loosing games due to a disconnection.  ICC does not always have a reliable signal and/or I loose connection to the game when I’m on my mobile device or Tablet.  I automatically FORFEIT due to this.  This has happened to me dozens of times, and I’m VERY tired of it!  ICC needs to change this policy!

Posted: 03 May 2015 09:09 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Joined  2015-05-03

I completely agree. Something needs to be done.

Posted: 20 May 2015 02:03 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2015-05-16

What makes you think that the disconnection was caused by ICC and not by your device?

Posted: 07 July 2015 09:27 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Joined  2014-12-24

MANY PEOPLE DISCONNECT WHEN LOSING A POSITION.  I THINK A DISCONNECT SHOULD FORFIT.

Posted: 11 April 2016 09:36 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  2016-04-07

I disconnect when on my Android mobile and when I am at home on computer.

I have a different point of access and provider for each.

Disconnections happens. and I do not understand ICC policy, I must say that I cannot play in these circumstances and thus not renew it.
Admins and helpers do nothing. They just know the drill you by repeting “Oh just have fun, and by the way this is YOUR problme, not ours” unless you are tired of their repeating BS (that they know it si BS) until you quit.

I must say that as a recent first buyer, I will not renew my subscription. Impossible to find your place there, I tried hard each times at the ICC to get some fun, they are not capable of engineering it. In fact they make people regret the good old days and ways to play Chess. i.e. OTB with firiends and beer.

Posted: 11 April 2016 09:51 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2011-11-18

It is not a matter of engineering. It’s rather a policy. In ICC, the POOL games are “disconnect=forfeit”. This is done for a number of reasons, that you can find in the help file “five-minute”. If you don’t want to lose on disconnection, you are welcome playing non-pool games (i.e. blitz, bullet, standard), by posting a seek or clicking on a seek in the seek graph. Be sure your “noescape” variable is set to 0.

Posted: 14 December 2018 10:39 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Joined  2018-11-06

It is completely unfair that ICC does not give you a chance to reconnect before taking the game as other sites DO. To keep loosing won games because of a brief disconnection is infuriating and quite frankly unacceptable when one has paid good money to play. If this doesn’t change I will not be renewing my subscription.

Posted: 15 December 2018 08:07 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2011-11-18

In ICC, the POOL games are “disconnect=forfeit”. This is done for a number of reasons, that you can find in the help file “five-minute”. If you don’t want to lose on disconnection, you are welcome playing non-pool games (i.e. blitz, bullet, standard), by posting a seek or clicking on a seek in the seek graph. Be sure your “noescape” variable is set to 0.