A limit to aborting games
Posted: 29 June 2015 04:28 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2015-06-29

One player is aborting 1 of every 4 games, there should be a warning sent to such a player and if the player keeps doing it the account disabled without refund. This way some might think twice before doing it on a regular basis.

Posted: 29 June 2015 06:24 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2011-11-18

Hey Soda!
That is considered an abusive behavior, punishable by the admins.
You can use the /complain<username> command to complain about such a misconduct.
For example, say you are to complain about Lyon, you would type: /complain Lyon this user is aborting 1 of every 4 games.
The admins will read your complaint and take the appropriate actions to stop this kind of abuse.
Thanks!

Posted: 01 July 2015 10:31 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2015-06-29

I did, and here is the answer I received:

“Maybe he just does not know how to set up his seeks or formula right to
avoid the players he does not want to play.”

Maybe, you should have a meeting explaining to everyone replying complains and make things crystal clear it is considered abusive.

I give up and you’ll see me playing less games on ICC.

What’s sad is that Chess Playing Servers like ICC and PlayChess does not seem to notice competition is getting their share of the market while it’s cheaper. 8:-(

Posted: 03 July 2015 03:10 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2014-11-06

If somebody will abort many games, or play on time every game, i will add him to noplay list.

Posted: 27 August 2015 06:42 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-11-18

What does ‘play on time’ mean?  You mean legitimately flag the opponent when he’s used up so much time that he has a falsely obtained good position?