A different color for unrated players and a setting to avoid them
Posted: 29 June 2015 12:53 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2015-06-29

It would be nice if you could assign a different color to unrated players and a setting if we don’t want to play with them.

With some players it’s a pure waste of time playing with them. If a player is 400 points or more stronger than me, there is a better way to waste my time…

Posted: 29 June 2015 12:55 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2015-06-29

The last one I had to deal with, told me he(she) got a 2400 rating in OTB not-virtual-life…

Posted: 06 July 2015 05:17 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-07-06

I’ve long supported the idea of unrated players having a different color seek. I’ve set my formula to what I thought would eliminate them but they still get through. Having (provisional) in parentheses does help when they challenge but when your in a hurry to play a game and answer a seek it shows nothing. Some unrated players are pretty good and it is frustrating to play for 20 minutes or so and only gain a single point but lose and you lose lots. Just isn’t right. So please go with the different color seeks and most will be happy.
Thanks,
vegas

Posted: 06 July 2015 06:19 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2011-11-18

I think you mean provisional players, not unrated.
It’s true that you can avoid provisional players by using the formula, whereas if you pick a dot in the seek graph, the formula doesn’t apply.
But you can right-click on the dot and see their profile, or check the “Assess” list, to see how many points will you get in case you win.
It takes 5 seconds, and should be all you need to avoid clicking on a seek posted by a provisional player.