Blitz/Rapid Pool With Increment
Posted: 07 January 2015 10:25 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-01-07

I would really like to see one blitz/rapid pool with increment. I don’t care what the time control is, so long as a game can take less than 30 min. and there is some increment involved. I do not like players having the possibility to win by shuffling rooks (yes, I win games like this also but I still think it is stupid). However, I don’t generally have time for 45 45. My suggestion would be 3 2, since this is the FIDE blitz time control. But really, any blitz or rapid time control with at least one second of increment would be wonderful. Thanks.

Posted: 10 January 2015 12:06 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2014-11-06

I suggested in other topic to make an increment for other reason - there are some persons that always play on time, even in KRKR ending. And my idea was to make increment after 50 moves in order not to make impression that games take much longer time.

I am still waiting for reply of admins there.

Posted: 19 January 2015 10:33 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2015-01-16

15/10 sounds great to me.

Posted: 28 January 2015 08:57 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2015-01-28

It would indeed be perfect if there were pools 3/2, 5/0 and 15/10. It is frustrating to play R-R for 50 moves in a 15-minute game.

Posted: 29 March 2015 09:16 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2015-01-28
IQP - 07 January 2015 10:25 PM

I would really like to see one blitz/rapid pool with increment. I don’t care what the time control is, so long as a game can take less than 30 min. and there is some increment involved. I do not like players having the possibility to win by shuffling rooks (yes, I win games like this also but I still think it is stupid). However, I don’t generally have time for 45 45. My suggestion would be 3 2, since this is the FIDE blitz time control. But really, any blitz or rapid time control with at least one second of increment would be wonderful. Thanks.

As the author of ECR (The Encyclopedia Of Rook Harassment), I take offense! 

(j/k I didn’t write that but I use that tactic a lot!)

we always want it both ways: to win on the board if we’re too slow, and to win on time if we’re too weak.  Personally I only play in the 1-minute pool since cheating is almost impossible (or too obvious), and you can’t cherry-pick your opponents.

Players who want to get good are not looking to game the system, but don’t want to play against those who are.

Posted: 29 March 2015 09:19 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2015-01-28

I like the non-incremental controls because it turns chess into more of a video game than pure chess, something we need in an era of megatheory.  I also believe the world title should be contested at 3 0.  When measuring intelligence, speed counts.

Posted: 27 August 2015 10:48 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Joined  2014-10-31

I support this idea very much (either 3/2 or 5/2) to avoid those stupid KRvsKR endings and to get closer to the official blitz FIDE time control.

Posted: 04 September 2015 07:04 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Joined  2015-06-22

I would like 3/2 as it is the facial Fide blitz.
But I would also like 3 0 retained as it is more like a real life five minute game since you font have to press the clock.

Posted: 19 November 2015 02:22 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2011-11-18

The forums are checked on regularly.
But when a reply has been given more than once, I feel it a bit stupid to keep on with the same argument over and over.
As I have already explained, adding pools is not an option, as the players’ base would spread and ICC doesn’t want users wait a long time to get a game.
5 0 and 3 0 are very popular pools, so we’re not going to change those.
There is an increment in the 25 5 pool, for those who don’t like to play without.

I hope this clarifies - again - the matter and will put a stop to this thread.

‹‹ Mr. Spock      Timestamps on Chat Messages ››