Study Partners
Posted: 27 November 2014 11:35 PM  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-10-11

I have recently become very interested in openings. I have been looking for people that like to play specific defenses against e4.

I would be very happy if I found players that play any one of these openings as their main response to e4:
*Caro-Kann
*French Defense
*Pirc Defense
*Sicilian Defense
*Open Game (1.e4 e5)
*Alekhine Defense
*Scandinavian
*Petroff’s Defense/ Russian Game/ Petrov

You don’t have to be good, you just have to be willing to learn the theory with me :D

We will become very good friends, as studying theory has a tendancy to bond people in much the same way war does with fellow soldiers.

Posted: 18 December 2014 12:19 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-12-18

Alekhine Defense

Posted: 16 January 2015 06:12 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2015-01-16

I think this is a great idea! I’ve dabbled in all and played the Sicilian primarily for a long time. I’m now taking the French more seriously and trying to play it every game as black. I’ll add you on my notify list. Let’s do this. smile

Posted: 20 January 2015 01:59 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2015-01-14

i’m seriously booked up in alekhine’s.

Posted: 22 March 2015 01:29 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-12-20

I know the French

Posted: 29 March 2015 09:01 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2015-01-28
Lunk63 - 27 November 2014 11:35 PM

I have recently become very interested in openings. I have been looking for people that like to play specific defenses against e4.

I would be very happy if I found players that play any one of these openings as their main response to e4:
*Caro-Kann
*French Defense
*Pirc Defense
*Sicilian Defense
*Open Game (1.e4 e5)
*Alekhine Defense
*Scandinavian
*Petroff’s Defense/ Russian Game/ Petrov

You don’t have to be good, you just have to be willing to learn the theory with me :D

We will become very good friends, as studying theory has a tendancy to bond people in much the same way war does with fellow soldiers.

I specialize in openings in general, and play the French as Black against 1. e4.  I also play 1. e4 for white, and don’t change my repertoire much, so let me know what you want to learn.  I used to hold my own with GMs in tournament play until around move 15-20, before the computer era.

Against the French I use the exchange variation to simplify, with Qe2+ to take advantage of the pins that result.  Computers taught me that.  Computers tend to make the best study partners too, as well as Wikipedia, which gives the narrative of why the moves are “book.” 

One thing that’s good to do is play towards formations that can be reached multiple ways, to cut down on study and to maximize what you do learn.  Hope that helps.