‹ First  < 3 4 5
5 of 5
No more time lost when your game starts!
Posted: 08 February 2015 05:04 PM   [ # 61 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-01-06

I like this feature.

Posted: 14 February 2015 07:56 AM   [ # 62 ]  
Rank
Joined  2015-02-14

Tried it, liked it.  Keep it

Posted: 13 March 2015 07:42 AM   [ # 63 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2014-10-31

I am a Grob player (1.g4) where most of my opponents as Black use to start thinking at move 1.
So, now I understand that they have a 10s bonus to think about their reply. This makes the game unfair !
Rather the board should be displayed during 2 or 3 seconds without any player being able to enter moves. Both player could then get ready to play and black would not get any advantage.
Or the grace period should only be for White player.

Posted: 18 March 2015 09:48 AM   [ # 64 ]  
Rank
Joined  2015-03-18

Thanks for trying to make continuous improvements.

But this feature only makes sense for the pool games, which is the only place (I think) where players can get a “surprise” start (because the time to pair is very indeterminate).

All other matches, as far as I know, require a positive “accept” response from both players for starting. No extra game time should be needed. (Player (or tourney admin) has the option to cancel the match if 2nd opponent drags feet excessively on the “accept” for non-pool games.)

Also, per other comments as well: What’s really needed for *tourney* games is the ability for any SINGLE player to start the clock/game unless the opponent has gone offline (maybe with up to a 20-second grace period, depending on the time control). Just as in OTB. It’s disrespectful to all the other tournament players to delay starting a game (makes round times less predictable e.g.). It’s not hard to keep track of a tournament round’s progress and to be ready at the start of the next round. The time penalty for missing the start (when your opponent hasn’t) should be off of your clock, not on the tournament round’s predictability. (Again, going offline is a different kettle of fish; doing that risks admin forfeiting you instead.)

Posted: 19 March 2015 10:31 AM   [ # 65 ]  
Rank
Joined  2015-03-19

thank you

Posted: 29 March 2015 09:04 AM   [ # 66 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2015-01-28

Ten seconds is way too long.  It should be three at the most.

‹ First  < 3 4 5
5 of 5