Poll
What is better?
Online 2
Offline 1
Total Votes: 3
You must be a logged-in member to vote
What’s better for kids: online or offline trainings?
Posted: 09 May 2018 10:04 AM  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2018-05-09

Need to write a post on the topic about the best way of chess education for kids. Actually, will be grateful for all types of pros and cons. Need your advices, folks. Thanks

Posted: 09 May 2018 10:47 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2011-11-18

In my opinion, modern tools can help a lot.
For example, check out ICC’s Learning Center, with Tactics, Rating Meters, stats and assessment, chess courses, etc.
Chess Videos can also be a great learning tool.
Obviously, a coach is fundamental and, although getting lessons online is very easy - by using Skype, for example - real-life sessions are still important.
Also, playing chess in real life can be challenging, especially in certain areas. From my experience, for instance, in my country is almost impossible to find a place where people gather to play chess. And kids are not to be exposed to hustlers, obviously! grin
Therefore, an online service - which provides kids chat protection - like the ICC (as well as other websites) is very important to practice. And we all know that practicing is essential to improve.

Posted: 13 March 2023 06:40 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2023-03-08

It’s always best to do some research on the topic before writing your post; this way, you can get a better idea of what kind of pros and cons you might want to discuss. Additionally, it might be helpful to look into different methods of teaching chess to kids. Finally, it’s always essential to keep the audience in mind when writing a post. If your post is geared towards parents, it might be beneficial to discuss the importance of teaching kids good sportsmanship and how to handle losing gracefully. For example, my husband and I became supporting foster parents. So, we’d also be interested in learning about teaching chess to decide whether this activity will benefit children in care. If your post is more geared towards kids, it could be helpful to discuss how to stay motivated and have fun while learning.

Posted: 16 March 2023 05:43 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2023-03-16

Hi there!
I think there are definitely some pros and cons to consider when it comes to teaching chess to kids. For example, chess can help my kids improve their critical thinking and problem-solving skills, but it can also be challenging and frustrating for them.
Also, I see discussing the importance of good sportsmanship and how to handle losing gracefully as a great idea not only related to parents, but also to kids. This can be especially important for children in care who may have experienced a lot of upheaval and uncertainty in their lives. On the other hand, the only important stuff is to focus on how to stay motivated and have fun while learning.
So mb I’m only complicating myself, who knows.