Poll
Should ICC clean up more stored games similar to Judgebot if they are uncontested
I like long lists of stored games, most even 0
Yes clean up. Why force me to start a game of a longer time control than i’m seeking. 3
Yes this is good as long as I can ask adjudicat to give me a win or let me finish any game I want to play. 0
No keep it the way it is. 0
Total Votes: 3
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Major improvement for disconnection policy
Posted: 20 February 2015 10:30 PM  
Contributor
RankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2014-11-06

The system is sophisticated enough that when an account expires, you get one week to ask for adjudication or the game is aborted. If that applied to all games, it’d be a major improvement.

We have people with worse connections who accumulate stored games and then one day get a message their ability to store games is shut off till they finish. And it’s difficult that late in the game to get a handle on the problem.  Adjudicate is slow to abort games preferring they finish and players are not always around to start them.

If neither player bothers to contest or adjudicate a game after some time maybe 2 weeks since you can’t ask for an adjudication for one week, just abort the game if it was a disconnection or courtesy adjourned game (though not a mutually agreed stored game).

Players complain that they issue a seek and maybe they have time for some blitz and it resumes a standard game.  Judgebot is supposedly cleaning up the more obvious disconnections. So why do we create so much hassle for players for games that are closer to even or still in the opening etc as many non Judgebot games can be. 

If these games were more cleaned up there would just be less unfinished games on people’s stored lists in general which would be a major improvement.

Posted: 21 February 2015 09:44 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Contributor
RankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2014-11-06

any thoughts?

Posted: 09 April 2021 10:34 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2021-01-28

How do I adjudicate a game I was winning and the player purposely disconnected.