NORTH AMERICAN UNDER 13 CHAMPIONSHIP
May 22-23, 2021 on Internet Chess Club
For new CCA online players, these events include a free two month membership in ICC.
See bottom of page for what to do after registration. REGISTER NOW
MAY 22-23: North American Under 13 Champonship
8SS, G/30+10, at Internet Chess Club. Open to residents of US, Canada, Mexico, Bahamas or Bermuda, born after 5/22/08. Must be on Zoom using real name to be eligible for prizes (see http://www.ccazoom.com). In 4 sections. Open Section: open to all. Plaque to top 5; top 2 each Under 1800, Under 1600. Free entry to all CCA tournaments 6/15/21-11/15/21 to 1st, 6/15/21-9/15/21 2nd-3rd, 6/15/21-8/15/21 4th-5th. Under 1600 Section: Plaque to top 5, top 2 each Under 1400, Under 1200. Free entry to all CCA tournaments 6/15/21-9/15/21 to 1st, 6/15/21-8/15/21 to 2nd & 3rd, 6/15/21-7/15/21 4th & 5th.. Under 1200 Section: Plaque to top 5; top 2 each Under 1000, Under 800, Unrated. Free entry prizes: same as Under 1600 Section. Under 800 Section: Plaque to top 5, top 2 each Under 600, Under 400, Unrated. Free entry prizes: same as Under 1600 Section. Entry fee at chessaction.com: $57 by 5/20, $80 by 9 am EDT 5/22, must take rd 1 bye after 9 am EDT 5/22. New players (1st CCA event on ICC) register by 5/20 or risk not being paired for round 1. Log in to playcca.com 30 minutes before play begins; rounds begin each day at: EDT 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm, 5 pm. Half point byes available all rounds, limit 2 byes, must be claimed with registration & cannot be changed. Online Regular rated (will not affect OTB ratings); Online Regular ratings used for pairings & prizes. USCF membership required; may join with entry. $15 service charge for refunds. WARNING: YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN WHEN PAIRINGS ARE ISSUED, OR YOU WILL NOT BE PAIRED.
A) If the tournament has been concluded, or there is one round remaining, the last opponent of the disqualified player shall receive a win by forfeit. Other opponents who lost to the disqualified player shall receive a half point bye, and other opponents who drew with the disqualified player shall receive a win by forfeit. Anyone who defeated the disqualified player shall retain a rated win instead of a forfeit win.
B) If two or more rounds remain, all opponents of the disqualified player shall receive a win by forfeit, unless they defeated the disqualified player in which case they will retain a rated win.
WHAT TO DO AFTER REGISTRATION:
1) At chessaction.com, go to the row for the tournament and click on "entry list" to make sure you are listed. If not, notify us at email@example.com.
2) If you are a current ICC members with a user name linked to your USCF ID number (like those who have played in our online tournaments), you are all set. If not, go to register.chessclub.com/cca to register with ICC. If you are unable to register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Read the rules posted HERE.
4) Follow Zoom instructions HERE.
5) 30 minutes before play begins, log into playcca.com, wait for any messages, and wait for your pairing to pop up when play is about to begin. DO NOT LOG OFF or you may not be paired.