NORTH AMERICAN SCHOLASTICS
August 22-23, 2020
For new CCA online players, these events include a free two month membership in ICC.
See bottom of page for what to do after registration.
AUGUST 22-23: North American Scholastics
8SS, G/45+10, at Internet Chess Club. Open to students in schools in the US, Canada, Mexico, Bahamas or Bermuda. Must be on Zoom using real name to be eligible for prizes. In 4 sections, based on 2019-2020 school year. Championship sections: High School K-12, Junior High K-9, Elementary K-6. Championship Prizes: Plaque to top 8 each section; free entry to all CCA tournaments through 12/31/20 to 1st, 11/15/20 2nd-3rd, 10/15/20 4th-5th. Plaque & CCA free entry through 9/30/20 to top U1800, U1600, U1400, U1200 in HS; U1600, U1400, U1200, U1000 in JHS; U1400, U1200, U1000, U800 in Elem. Reserve section: Open to K-8 Under 1300. Reserve Prizes: Plaque to top 8; free entry to all CCA tournaments through 11/15/20 to 1st, 10/15/20 to 2nd & 3rd. Plaque & CCA free entry through 9/30/20 to top U1100, U900, U700, Unrated. Entry fee at chessaction.com: $57 by 8/19, $80 by 4 pm EDT 8/21, no entry after 4 pm EDT 8/21. Log in to playcca.com 30 minutes before play begins; rounds begin each day at: EDT 11 am, 1:30 pm, 4 pm, 6:30 pm; CDT 10 am, 12:30 pm, 3 pm, 5:30 pm; MDT 9 am, 11:30 am, 2 pm, 4:30 pm; PDT 8 am, 10:30 am, 1 pm, 3:30 pm. Half point byes available all rounds, limit 2 byes, must be claimed with registration & cannot be changed. Online Regular rated (will not affect OTB ratings); OTB Regular ratings used for pairings & prizes (if no Regular Online rating, Regular over the board rating used. Same school pairings possible. USCF membership required; may join with entry. $15 service charge for refunds. WARNING: YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN WHEN PAIRINGS ARE ISSUED, OR YOU WILL NOT BE PAIRED.
WHAT TO DO AFTER REGISTRATION:
1) At chessaction.com, go to the row for the tournament and click on "entry list" to make sure you are listed. If not, notify us at email@example.com.
2) If you are a current ICC members with a user name linked to your USCF ID number (like those who have played in our online tournaments), you are all set. If not, go to register.chessclub.com/cca to register with ICC. If you are unable to register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Read the rules posted HERE.
4) Follow Zoom instructions HERE.
5) 30 minutes before play begins, log into playcca.com, wait for any messages, and wait for your pairing to pop up when play is about to begin. DO NOT LOG OFF or you may not be paired.