CCA September Scholastic
CONTINENTAL CHESS ASSOCIATION ON ICC
CCA-ICC September Scholastic, September 18, 2021
FREE CCA BULLETIN:
If you do not already receive our free emailed CCA Bulletin, we recommend you subscribe at CHESSEVENTS.US, as the Bulletin is how we communicate important messages to players such as rules changes, deadline extensions, ratings news, prize availability and error corrections as well as details of future tournaments.
For new CCA online players, these events include a free two month membership in ICC.
See bottom of page for what to do after registration. REGISTER NOW
Places 1 - 5
Places 1 - 5
Places 1 - 5
"FAIR PLAY" ANALYSIS
All games played in USCF rated tournaments will be analyzed using ICC's sophisticated anti-cheating tools. Such analysis will include, but not be limited to, comparing moves played to the recommendations of various engines. Players suspected of violating the Fair Play rules may: 1) have their results and any prize eligibility canceled, 2) be banned from future play on ICC, 3) be banned from future Continental Chess tournaments both online and over the board, and 4) be reported to the USCF Ethics Committee, leading to possible suspension of USCF membership.
- After each tournament, results will not be final for up to three weeks, while ICC fair play analysis of all games takes place. Players may also be disqualified during the tournament. If any players are disqualified, opponents' results will be adjusted as follows:
A) If the tournament has been concluded, or there is one round remaining, the last opponent of the disqualified player shall receive a win by forfeit. Other opponents who lost to the disqualified player shall receive a half point bye, and other opponents who drew with the disqualified player shall receive a win by forfeit. Anyone who defeated the disqualified player shall retain a rated win instead of a forfeit win.
B) If two or more rounds remain, all opponents of the disqualified player shall receive a win by forfeit, unless they defeated the disqualified player in which case they will retain a rated win.
WHAT TO DO AFTER REGISTRATION:
1) At chessaction.com, go to the row for the tournament and click on "entry list" to make sure you are listed. If not, notify us at email@example.com.
2) If you are a current ICC member with a user name linked to your USCF ID number (like those who have played in our online tournaments), you are all set. If not, go to register.chessclub.com/cca to register with ICC. If you are unable to register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Read the rules posted HERE.
4) Log into Zoom at CCAZOOM.COM. You must be on Zoom, using your real name, to be eligible for prizes.
5) 30 minutes before play begins, log into playcca.com, wait for any messages, and wait for your pairing to pop up when play is about to begin. DO NOT LOG OFF or you may not be paired.
Home More tournaments