CONTINENTAL CHESS ASSOCIATION ON ICC
Continental Action, Saturday, July 23, 2022
FREE CCA BULLETIN:
If you do not already receive our free emailed CCA Bulletin, we recommend you subscribe at CHESSEVENTS.US, as the Bulletin is how we communicate important messages to players such as rules changes, deadline extensions, ratings news, prize availability and error corrections as well as details of future tournaments.
For new CCA online players, these events include a free two month membership in ICC.
See bottom of page for what to do after registration. REGISTER NOW
JULY 23: Continental Action on ICC
5-SS, G/30+10, at Internet Chess Club. $3000 guaranteed prizes. Must be on Zoom (use real name) to be eligible for prizes; see ccazoom.com. $100 prize limit if no Zoom side/rear camera angle. In 2 sections. Open Section: Open to all. $600-300-200, top 2000-2199 $200-100, Under 2000/Unr $200-100. Under 1800/Unr Section: $400-240-160, U1600 (no Unr) $200-100, U1400 (no Unr) $160-80, unrated limit $200. All: If official OTB regular rating is more than 100 points over prize maximum, prize limit $100. Entry fee $65 at chessaction.com by 7/21: $80 by 11 am EDT 7/23. New players (first CCA event on ICC) enter by 7/21 or risk not being paired for round 1. EF discount: $20 less if playing in Continental Open, 7/27-31 in Sturbridge, MA. GMs $60 from prize. Log into playcca.com 30 minutes before game. Rounds begin EDT 12 noon, 2 pm, 4 pm, 6 pm, 8 pm. Half point byes: Available all rounds, limit 2 byes, must be claimed with registration & cannot be changed. USCF membership required; may join with registration. Online Regular rated (will not affect OTB ratings), Online Regular ratings used for pairings & prizes (OTB Regular used if no Online Regular). $15 service charge for refunds. Ent: Chessaction.com. Questions:email@example.com.
WHAT TO DO AFTER REGISTRATION:
1) At chessaction.com, go to the row for the tournament and click on "entry list" to make sure you are listed. If not, notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) If you are a current ICC member with a user name linked to your USCF ID number (like those who have played in our online tournaments), you are all set. If not, go to register.chessclub.com/cca to register with ICC. If you are unable to register, contact email@example.com.
3) Read the rules posted HERE.
4) Log into Zoom at CCAZOOM.COM. You must be on Zoom, using your real name, to be eligible for prizes.
5) 30 minutes before play begins, log into playcca.com, wait for any messages, and wait for your pairing to pop up when play is about to begin. DO NOT LOG OFF or you may not be paired.