51ST ANNUAL NATIONAL CHESS CONGRESS
November 27-29, 2020 on Internet Chess Club
For new CCA online players, this event includes a free two month membership in ICC.
See bottom of page for what to do after registration. REGISTER NOW
FREE CCA BULLETIN:
If you do not already receive our free emailed CCA Bulletin, we recommend you subscribe at CHESSEVENTS.US, as the Bulletin is how we communicate important messages to players such as rules changes, deadline extensions, ratings news, prize availability and error corrections as well as details of future tournaments.
NOVEMBER 27-29: 51st annual NATIONAL CHESS CONGRESS
9-SS, G/75+10, at Internet Chess Club. $20,000 guaranteed prizes plus Under 1000 plaques & free enties. Must be on Zoom (use real name) to be eligible for prizes (side/rear camera angle). In 5 sections. Premier Section: Open to USCF 2100/over or FIDE 2000/over. $3000-1500-1000-700-500, top U2400 $700-500-300, clear or tiebreak 1st $200 bonus. Under 2200/Unr Section: $1000-700-500-400-300, top U2000/Unr $600-500-400. Under 1800/Unr Section: $1000-700-500-400-300, top U1600 (no Unr) $500-400-300. Under 1400/Unr Section: $800-500-400-300-200, top U1200 (no Unr) $400-300-200. Under 1000/Unr Section: Plaques to top 10, free entry in one CCA tournament to top 5. Unrated prize limits: U1400 Section $150, U1800 Section $300. Top 4 sections entry fee at chessaction.com: $118 by 11/19, $138 by 11/25, $160 by 1:45 pm EST 11/27; must take rd 1 bye after 10 am EST 11/27. New players (first event on ICC) enter by 11/25 or risk not being paired for round 1. GMs $100 from prize. Under 1000 Section entry fee: all $70 less. Log into playcca.com 30 minutes before game. Rounds begin each day: EST 11:00 am, 2:45 pm & 6:30 pm, CST 10:00 am, 1:45 pm & 5:30 pm, MST 9:00 am, 12:45 pm & 4:30 pm, PST 8:00 am, 11:45 am & 3:30 pm. Half point byes available all rounds; limit 2 byes, must be claimed with registration & cannot be changed. USCF membership required; may join with registration. Online Regular rated (will not affect OTB ratings), Online Regular rating used for pairings & prizes (OTB Regular used if no Online Regular). $15 service charge for refunds. WARNING: YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN WHEN PAIRINGS ARE ISSUED, OR YOU WILL NOT BE PAIRED.
WHAT TO DO AFTER REGISTRATION:
1) At chessaction.com, go to the row for the tournament and click on "entry list" to make sure you are listed. If not, notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) If you are a current ICC member with a user name linked to your USCF ID number (like those who have played in our online tournaments), you are all set. If not, go to register.chessclub.com/cca to register with ICC. If you are unable to register, contact email@example.com.
3) Read the rules posted HERE.
4) Log into Zoom at CCAZOOM.COM:
5) 30 minutes before play begins, log into playcca.com, wait for any messages, and wait for your pairing to pop up when play is about to begin. DO NOT LOG OFF or you may not be paired.