CONTINENTAL CHESS ASSOCIATION ON ICC
28th annual Western Class, March 6-7, 2021
FREE CCA BULLETIN:
If you do not already receive our free emailed CCA Bulletin, we recommend you subscribe at CHESSEVENTS.US, as the Bulletin is how we communicate important messages to players such as rules changes, deadline extensions, ratings news, prize availability and error corrections as well as details of future tournaments.
For new CCA online players, these events include a free two-month membership in ICC.
See bottom of page for what to do after registration. REGISTER NOW
MARCH 6-7: 28th annual Western Class
6-SS, G/75+10, at Internet Chess Club. $6000 guaranteed prizes. Must be on Zoom (use real name) to be eligible for prizes (side/rear camera angle). In 6 sections. Master (2100/up): $600-300-180-100, top California resident $100 bonus. Expert (1900-2199): $500-250-140-90. Class A (1700-1999): $500-250-140-90. Class B (1500-1799/Unr): $500-250-140-90. Class C (1300-1599/Unr): $500-250-140-90. Class D/E (Under 1400/Unr): $400-200-120-80. Unrated prize limits: Class D/E $100, Class C $180, Class B $260. Entry fee at chessaction.com: $90 by 3/4, $110 by 11:30 am PST 3/6, entry after 9 am PST 3/6 must take half point bye in rd 1. New players (first CCA event on ICC) enter by 3/4 or risk not being paired for round 1. GMs $90 from prize. Log into playcca.com 30 minutes before game, rounds begin PST 10 am, 1:30 pm & 5 pm each day. Regional EF discount: $20 less to residents of California or adjacent states. Half point byes: available all rounds, limit 2 byes, must be claimed with registration & cannot be changed. Online Regular rated (will not affect OTB ratings), Online Regular ratings used for pairings & prizes (OTB Regular used if no Online Regular). $15 service charge for refunds. WARNING: YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN WHEN PAIRINGS ARE ISSUED, OR YOU WILL NOT BE PAIRED.
WHAT TO DO AFTER REGISTRATION:
1) At chessaction.com, go to the row for the tournament and click on "entry list" to make sure you are listed. If not, notify us at email@example.com.
2) If you are a current ICC member with a user name linked to your USCF ID number (like those who have played in our online tournaments), you are all set. If not, go to register.chessclub.com/cca to register with ICC. If you are unable to register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Read the rules posted HERE.
4) Log into Zoom at CCAZOOM.COM. You must be on Zoom, using your real name, to be eligible for prizes.
5) 30 minutes before play begins, log into playcca.com, wait for any messages, and wait for your pairing to pop up when play is about to begin. DO NOT LOG OFF or you may not be paired.