49th annual CONTINENTAL OPEN
November 6-8, 2020 - Internet Chess Club
For new CCA online players, this event includes a free two month membership in ICC.
See bottom of page for what to do after registration. REGISTER NOW
FREE CCA BULLETIN:
If you do not already receive our free emailed CCA Bulletin, we recommend you subscribe at CHESSEVENTS.US, as the Bulletin is how we communicate important messages to players such as rules changes, deadline extensions, ratings news, prize availability and error corrections as well as details of future tournaments.
A Heritage Event
NOVEMBER 6-8: 50th annual CONTINENTAL OPEN
7-SS, G/75+10, at Internet Chess Club. $12,000 guaranteed prizes. Must be on Zoom (use real name) to be eligible for prizes (side/rear camera angle). In 4 sections. Premier Section: Open to 2000/above. $2000-1000-600-400, top U2300 $600-300, top Massachusetts resident & top Connecticut resident each $100 bonus. Under 2100/Unr Section: $800-600-400-250, top U1900/Unr $500-250. Under 1700/Unr Section: $700-500-300-200, top U1500 (no unr) $400-200. unrated limit $400. Under 1300/Unr Section: $600-400-300-200, top U1100 (no unr) $200-100, unrated limit $200. Entry fee $118 at chessaction.com by 11/4, $140 by 11:30 am EST 11/7, must take round 1 bye after 7 pm EST 11/6. New players (first CCA event on ICC) enter by 11/5 or risk not being paired for round 1. GMs $100 from prize. Log into playcca.com 30 minutes before game; Rounds begin (EST): Fri 8 pm, Sat & Sun 11:00 am, 2:30 pm, & 6:00 pm. Half point byes available all rounds; limit 2 byes, must be claimed with registration & cannot be changed. USCF membership required; may join with registration. Online Regular rated (will not affect regular OTB ratings), Online Regular rating used for pairings & prizes (OTB Regular used if no Online Regular). $15 service charge for refunds. WARNING: YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN WHEN PAIRINGS ARE ISSUED, OR YOU WILL NOT BE PAIRED.
WHAT TO DO AFTER REGISTRATION:
1) At chessaction.com, go to the row for the tournament and click on "entry list" to make sure you are listed. If not, notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) If you are a current ICC member with a user name linked to your USCF ID number (like those who have played in our online tournaments), you are all set. If not, go to register.chessclub.com/cca to register with ICC. If you are unable to register, contact email@example.com.
3) Read the rules posted HERE.
4) Log into Zoom at CCAZOOM.COM:
5) 30 minutes before play begins, log into playcca.com, wait for any messages, and wait for your pairing to pop up when play is about to begin. DO NOT LOG OFF or you may not be paired.